Funding for community infrastructure in the Wheatbelt region
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP
The Minister for Infrastructure, Transport,
Regional Development and Local Government
Leader of the House
Member for Grayndler
February 17 2010
The Rudd Labor Government has approved $750,000 for 39 ready-to-go community infrastructure projects in Western Australia’s Wheatbelt region to support local jobs while delivering lasting benefits for the community.
Minister Anthony Albanese said that this funding would go towards upgrades and fit-outs of community centres, town halls, parks and playgrounds and sport and recreation facilities.
“All up, these projects are expected to support more than 130 jobs during construction.
“We will deliver this funding to 25 local governments across the Wheatbelt region through the second round of our Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program.
“And shortly I hope to announce funding for projects for the other local governments in this region.
“In just over a year, this Program has delivered $1 billion to build and renew community facilities across Australia, making it the largest single investment in local infrastructure in the nation’s history.
“Already more than 3,300 community construction projects have either been completed or are underway through the first round.
“The funding announced today will keep more people working locally, to support the economy while building local infrastructure for the future.
“All of the projects announced today were put forward by the local councils as local community priorities, instead of being determined from Canberra.
“Many of these infrastructure projects have seen councils and community groups search for funding for years, sometimes decades. By letting local communities decide, the Rudd Government is helping turn the community’s vision into a reality.
“Across the country, the Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program is funding local projects and supporting local economies,” Mr Albanese concluded.
Further information is available at: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/local/cip/index.aspx
Shire of Chapman Valley – $30,000
- $30,000 Upgrade to the Fig Tree Reserve at Nabawa
Shire of Mullewa – $30,000
- $30,000 Construction of a playground in Mullewa
Shire of Yalgoo $30,000
- $30,000 Refurbishment of Shire Hall in Yalgoo
Shire of Mingenew – $30,000
- $30,000 Refurbishment of sports pavilion at Mingenew Recreation Ground
Shire of Morawa – $30,000
- $30,000 Construction of a community centre room at Canna
Shire of Carnamah – $30,000
- $30,000 Refurbishment of Eileen White Park in Eneabba
Shire of Coorow – $30,000
- $4,000 Upgrade of Morphett Park in Green Head
- $5,000 Upgrades at the Green Head Community Centre
- $2,000 Installation of a bench seat at Warradarge
- $4,000 Upgrade of the facilities at the Leeman Recreation Centre
- $15,000 Upgrade of the playground equipment at the Leeman Foreshore Reserve
Shire of Dalwallinu – $30,000
- $30,000 Construction of fencing at Nugadong Airstrip
Shire of Mt Marshall – $30,000
- $7,000 Upgrade of the recreation complex at Bencubbin
- $7,000 Refurbishment of the recreation complex at Beacon
- $8,000 Construction of shed in Beacon
- $8,000 Upgrade at Bencubbin Recreation Complex
Shire of Dandaragan – $30,000
- $9,435 Refurbishment of the Community Centre in Badgingarra
- $11,664 Upgrade of the switchboard at the Community Centre in Badgingarra
- $8,901 Replacement of the guttering at the Community Centre in Dandaragan
Shire of Moora – $30,000
- $30,000 Upgrade of sculptural park in Moora
Shire of Westonia – $30,000
- $30,000 Upgrade of museum facade in Westonia
Shire of Victoria Plains – $30,000
- $30,000 Upgrade of Mogumber Town Hall
Shire of Goomalling – $30,000
- $30,000 Upgrade of Goomalling Veterans Memorial Park
Shire of Wyalkatchem – $30,000
- $30,000 Construction of a pedestrian railway crossing at Wyalkatchem
Shire of Trayning – $30,000
- $14,000 Installation of playground equipment at Trayning Playgroup
- $16,000 Upgrades at the Trayning Community Playground
Shire of Nungarin – $30,000
- $30,000 Recreation ground playground at Danberring Road and Radcliffe Park and upgrade at Railway Avenue
Shire of Bruce Rock – $30,000
- $30,000 Installation of shade sails at the Bowling Green in Bruce Rock
Shire of Narembeen – $30,000
- $15,000 Narembeen tourism infrastructure upgrade
- $15,000 Construction of a town clock in Narembeen
Shire of Corrigin – $30,000
- $30,000 Upgrade to the Public Swimming Pool at Corrigin
Shire of Kondinin – $30,000
- $30,000 Upgrade to the Hyden Sports Pavilion
Shire of Kulin – $30,000
- $30,000 street enhancement of Johnston Street in Kulin
Shire of Dumbleyung – $30,000
- $30,000 Construction of a storage shed for Dumbleyung Theatre Club
Shire of Lake Grace – $30,000
- $2,000 Installation of drinking fountains at the Lake Grace Pavilion
- $10,000 Upgrade of the Lake Grace Skate Park
- $10,000 Refurbishment of the Community Playground at Lake Grace
- $8,000 Construction of fencing at the Lake Grace Childcare Facility
Shire of Dowerin – $30,000
- $30,000 Construction of a recycling shed at Dowerin