$34 million for 20 local primary schools to support local jobs
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP
The Minister for Infrastructure, Transport,
Regional Development and Local Government
Leader of the House
Member for Grayndler
August 27 2009
Federal Member for Grayndler Anthony Albanese today announced that 20 primary schools in the electorate of Grayndler will receive over $34 million for major new infrastructure projects under Primary Schools for the 21st Century (P21) Round Three.
This will bring the total amount of federal funding for local primary schools in Grayndler to around $82 million under the Building the Education Revolution program.
The money will either upgrade or build new classrooms, halls, libraries and covered outdoor learning areas (COLAs).
“This investment in our local primary schools is long overdue and will go a long way to supporting local jobs during the global recession,” said Mr Albanese.
“It’s been great to see local principals, school communities and the building industry working together with the State and Federal governments to deliver these important projects.”
Included in the funding is:
- $2 million for Ashfield Public School for upgraded classroom facilities;
- $879,000 for the Australia Street Infants School for new classroom facilities;
- $250,000 for Bridge Road Special School for upgraded classroom facilities;
- $3.029 million for Haberfield Public School for new classroom facilities and an upgraded hall/COLA;
- $586,000 for the Italian Bilingual School to refurbish existing buildings and form new classrooms with associated COLA;
- $2.5 million for Kegworth Public School for a hall/COLA upgrade;
- $850,000 for Lewisham Public School for a hall/COLA upgrade;
- $2.05 million for Marrickville West Public School for upgraded classroom facilities and a new canteen;
- $2.65 million for St Brigid’s Primary School for the construction of classrooms and a multipurpose hall;
- $1 million for St Fiacre’s School for the construction of classrooms;
- $2.3 million for St Michael’s School for the construction of a library and multi-purpose hall;
- $2.7 million for St Paul of the Cross School for the construction of a library and multi-purpose hall;
- $1.6 million for St Pius School for the construction of a multi-purpose hall;
- $1.65 million for St Vincent’s School for the refurbishment of classrooms, library and multi-purpose hall;
- $3.02 million for Stanmore Public School for a new library;
- $1.6 million for the Sydney Distance Education Primary School for upgraded facilities;
- $900,000 for Taverners Hill Infants School for new amenities and upgraded classroom facilities;
- $2 million for Tempe Public School for an upgraded library and new COLA;
- $250,000 for The Athena School for refurbished classrooms and library; and
- $3.029 million for Wilkins Public School for new classroom facilities and a hall/COLA upgrade.
These projects will begin as soon as possible.
Leader of the Australian Labor Party, MP for Grayndler, Rabbitohs Life Member. Authorised by Anthony Albanese, ALP, Canberra.