Rudd Government delivers $493,000 to boost local infrastructure in Marrickville
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP
The Minister for Infrastructure, Transport,
Regional Development and Local Government
Leader of the House
Member for Grayndler
March 26 2009
The Rudd Labor Government has today signed off on $493,000 for ready-to-go local infrastructure projects in Marrickville, including a range of projects across the local area.
The Marrickville Council will receive $493,000 for these four local projects. They include:
- $264,000 – Arlington Regional Sports Ground Upgrade
- $164,000 – Playground Shade Structure Program
- $35,000 – Upgrade of Marrickville Town Hall Kitchen
- $30,000 – Upgrade of St Peters Town Hall Kitchen
The upgrade at Arlington Reserve will include the refurbishment of the club house change rooms and referees room, and the replacement of floor and wall tiles. Repairs to the lighting system within the grounds will also be undertaken.
This Playground Shade Structure Program will install shade structures over playgrounds in:
- Ryan Park, Stanmore Road, Stanmore;
- Morton Park, New Canterbury Road, Lewisham;
- McNeilly Park, Warburton Street, Marrickville;
- Simpson Park, Campbell Street, St Peters;
The project will also include repairs and modifications to existing playground shade sail structures at:
- O’Dea Reserve, Ross Street, Camperdown;
- Camperdown Memorial Rest Park, Lennox Street, Newtown.
The Marrickville and St Peters Town Hall Kitchen upgrades include the installation of new stainless steel kitchen benches, tiling of splash backs and a new oven and range-hood. The kitchen will also be repainted as part of the upgrade.
Mr Albanese said, "I am pleased to see Marrickville Council undertaking a number of projects across the local area. This will support local jobs and improve the amenity of our local community."
The funding will be delivered from the $800 million Community Infrastructure Program – the single largest investment in local infrastructure in Australia’s history.
Anthony and Marrickville Mayor Sam Iskandar outside Arlington Oval.
Leader of the Australian Labor Party, MP for Grayndler, Rabbitohs Life Member. Authorised by Anthony Albanese, ALP, Canberra.