Community infrastructure projects open in Beaufort
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP
The Minister for Infrastructure, Transport
Regional Development and Local Government
Leader of the House
Member for Grayndler
April 21 2010
David Feeney, Senator for Victoria, joined Beaufort residents today to celebrate the opening of 14 infrastructure projects across the region.
Anthony Albanese, Minister for Infrastructure and Local Government, said the Rudd Labor Government provided nearly $435,000 to the Pyrenees Shire Council for the $1.2 million worth of projects from the Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program (RLCIP).
"The RLCIP now totals more than $1 billion and is a key part of our Economic Stimulus Plan, delivering local jobs in communities across Australia by building infrastructure for the long term.
"Importantly, 40 jobs were supported through the construction of these projects, providing a significant boost to the local economy."
"It is a pleasure to be here in Beaufort today to celebrate the completion of these projects," Senator Feeney said.
"They include upgrades to the Moonambel Pavilion, the Sport and Community Complex at Avoca, the Beaufort pool and Natte Yallock and Goldfields Recreation Reserves.
"These projects provide the local community with new social and recreational facilities, and have renewed some of the region’s oldest community infrastructure."
Mr Albanese said in partnership with every council in the country the Rudd Labor Government is delivering more than 4,900 small and larger scale building projects like these, including new and refurbished public libraries, sporting facilities, parks and playgrounds, and child care centres.
"In fact, we are making the single largest federal investment in community infrastructure through the RLCIP," Mr Albanese said.
Mr Albanese and Senator Feeney congratulated the Pyrenees Shire Council and the local community for helping deliver these 14 projects, and helping to build a stronger region for the future. Project details follow.
Pyrenees Shire Council – $434,970
- $101,074 Upgrade of the Moonambel Mixed Use Pavilion.
- $70,000 Improvements to the Lexton Reserve water and irrigation system.
- $56,881 Upgrade at Goldfields Recreation Reserve at Beaufort.
- $31,000 Beaufort Swimming Pool Upgrade.
- $30,000 Swimming Pool Amenities Upgrade at Landsborough.
- $25,000 Upgrade to Sport and Community Complex in Avoca.
- $24,670 Upgrade to the Natte Yallock Playground.
- $20,910 Playground installation at Crowlands.
- $17,493 Upgrade Public Hall Facilities at Evansford.
- $15,052 Installation of a new pergola at Redbank Community hall.
- $13,950 Public Hall Upgrades in Carranballac.
- $11,970 Landscaping at the Waubra Recreation Reserve.
- $11,970 Snake Valley Public Hall Upgrade.
- $5,000 Public Hall Kitchen Upgrade at Amphitheatre.