Funding for community halls across Brisbane
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP
The Minister for Infrastructure, Transport
Regional Development and Local Government
Leader of the House
Member for Grayndler
April 20 2010
The Rudd Labor Government will provide nearly $1.2 million in new funding to modernise seven community halls across Brisbane as part of our plan to support the local economy in the short term while building infrastructure for the future.
The Government will invest in the upgrades of seven community halls across the city.
This is about supporting local jobs today by delivering community infrastructure for the future.
The new funding for the community hall upgrades had come from the Government’s Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program.
This Program is a key part of our Economic Stimulus Plan and has created jobs in communities across Australia.
Importantly, local residents in Brisbane and across the nation will benefit through new and improved community facilities for years to come.
The $1.2 million in funding will renovate and refurbish community halls in Hamilton, Sunnybank, Mount Gravatt, Acacia Ridge, Wynnum, Sandgate and South Brisbane.
In partnership with local governments, the Rudd Labor Government is funding more than 4,900 community projects across Australia – including $10 million for the Brisbane City Hall restoration.
Brisbane City Council – $1,187,000
- $282,500 – Refurbishment of the Sandgate Town Hall including reconditioning of the ceiling and construction of new posts and beams to strengthen the floor sub-structure
- $265,000 – Refurbishment of the Hamilton Town Hall including installation of a passive cooling and heating system, upgrades to existing lighting, renovation of the stage and reconditioning of the honours board
- $190,000 – Upgrade of Sunnybank Hall including reconditioning floors, ceilings, walls and honour board, supply and installation of cabinetry and light fittings, and improvements to disabled access, landscaping, breezeway panels and roof of the outdoor break out area
- $160,000 – Refurbishment of Mount Gravatt Progress Hall including the installation of a passive ventilation system and reconditioning of the floor, ceilings and walls
- $157,000 – Refurbishment of Acacia Ridge Hall including supply and installation of sky lights and air conditioning systems
- $82,500 – Refurbishment of Wynnum Community Hall including installation of air conditioning, passive ventilation system, improvements to storage facilities and reconditioning of the honours boards
- $50,000 – Refurbishment of Jagera Hall in South Brisbane including construction of internal partitions and reconditioning of the ceiling and walls