Funding for community infrastructure in south western WA
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP
The Minister for Infrastructure, Transport,
Regional Development and Local Government
Leader of the House
Member for Grayndler
February 17 2010
The Rudd Labor Government has approved $724,000 for 23 ready-to-go community infrastructure projects in Western Australia’s south-western region to support local jobs while delivering lasting benefits for the community.
Minister Anthony Albanese said that this funding would go towards upgrades of local sports grounds, community theatres, swimming pools and playgrounds.
“All up, these projects are expected to support more than 80 jobs during construction.
“We will deliver this funding to the City of Bunbury, and the Shires of Capel, Dardanup, Nannup, Donnybrook-Balingup, Busselton, Boyup Brook, Bridgetown-Greenbushes and Manjimup from Round 2 of our Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program.
“And shortly I hope to announce funding for projects within all other local governments in this region.
“In just over a year, this Program has delivered $1 billion to build and renew community facilities across Australia, making it the largest single investment in local infrastructure in the nation’s history.
“Already more than 3,300 community construction projects have either been completed or are underway through the first round.
“The funding announced today will keep more people working locally, to support the economy while building local infrastructure for the future.
“All of the projects announced today were put forward by the local councils as local community priorities, instead of being determined from Canberra.
“Many of these infrastructure projects have seen councils and community groups search for funding for years, sometimes decades. By letting local communities decide, the Rudd Government is helping turn the community’s vision into a reality.
“Across the country, the Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program is funding local projects like sporting fields, swimming pools, libraries, community halls, water and energy saving facilities, as well as improving elderly and disabled access.”
Further information is available at: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/local/cip/index.aspx
Shire of Capel – $77,000
- $22,000 Upgrade of Community Centre in Dalyellup
- $46,450 Upgrade of Recreational Walking Trails in the Capel Shire
- $8,550 Installation of Community Information Signage in Capel
Shire of Nannup – $30,000
- $30,000 Upgrade of Wastewater Infrastructure at the Caravan Park in Nannup
Shire of Donnybrook-Balingup – $ 78,000
- $65,000 Upgrade of the Facilities at the Donnybrook Amphitheatre
- $13,000 Refurbishment of Apple Fun Park in Donnybrook
City of Bunbury – $216,000
- $130,000 Extension of Western Aeroplane Taxiway at Bunbury Airport
- $40,000 Installation of Shade Sails at Jetty Baths Playground
- $30,000 Upgrade of Tourist Access Facilities from the Bunbury Port to the City of Bunbury
- $16,000 Upgrade of Tourist Access Facilities to the Boulters Heights Lookout in Bunbury
Shire of Busselton – $62,000
- $62,000 Upgrade of Sports Ground Facilities at Sir Stewart Bovell Ovals in Bovell
Shire of Boyup Brook – $30,000
- $30,000 Construction of a Car Park at the Swimming Pool
Shire of Bridgetown-Greenbushes – $30,000
- $30,000 Refurbishments at Greenbushes Sports Ground in Bridgetown
Shire of Manjimup – $132,000
- $13,000 Replacement of the Museum Building Roof at Manjimup Timber and Heritage Park
- $17,500 Upgrades of Infrastructure as an Additional Stage at Old Manjimup Cemetery
- $4,000 Upgrade of Drainage at Windy Harbour
- $3,000 Upgrade to the Northcliffe Recreation Centre
- $20,000 Upgrade of Facilities at the Manjimup Regional Aqua Centre
- $10,000 Installation of Banner poles at Pioneer Park in Walpole
- $2,500 Refurbishment of the Roof at the Manjimup Community Centre in Manjimup
- $25,000 Upgrade of Heritage Vehicle Shed at Manjimup Timber and Heritage Park
- $37,000 Upgrade of the Facilities at the Clem Collins and Northcliffe Recreation Centres
Shire of Dardanup – $69,000
- $69,000 Upgrade of Drainage and Sewer Facilities at Dardanup Oval