Funding for NSW Southern Inland community infrastructure
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP
The Minister for Infrastructure, Transport,
Regional Development and Local Government
Leader of the House
Member for Grayndler
March 31 2010
The Rudd Labor Government will provide $749,000 for 24 ready-to-go community infrastructure projects across Southern Inland New South Wales as part of our plan to support local jobs while delivering lasting benefits to communities.
Minister for Infrastructure and Local Government Anthony Albanese said that this funding will go towards upgrades for facilities such as sports fields, town halls, playgrounds and community libraries.
"Importantly, these projects are expected to support local tradespeople and contractors during construction.
"We will deliver this funding to local councils across the region from the second round of our Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program (RLCIP).
"In just over a year, this Program has delivered $1 billion to build and renew community facilities across Australia, making it the largest single investment in local infrastructure in the nation’s history.
"Already more than 3,300 community construction projects have either been completed or are underway through the first round.
"All of the projects announced today were put forward by the local councils as community priorities, instead of being determined from Canberra.
"Some of these projects have been on the drawing board for years. By letting local communities decide, the Rudd Labor Government is helping turn the community’s vision into a reality."
A full project list follows.
Further information is available at: www.infrastructure.gov.au/local/cip/index.aspx.
Boorowa Council – $30,000
- $30,000 Upgrade of water infrastructure at Boorowa Showground
Goulburn Mulwaree Council – $197,000
- $76,000 Upgrade of sports ground facilities at Carr Confoy sports fields in Goulburn
- $6,000 Upgrade of facilities at the Community Hall in Marulan
- $20,000 Upgrade of the access way to Goulburn Historic Waterworks
- $55,000 Upgrade of sporting facilities at North Park in Goulburn
- $40,000 Construction of an amphitheatre at Victoria Park in Goulburn
Hadden Shire Council – $30,000
- $30,000 Construction of a covered board walk and drainage at Vernon Street Murrumburrah
Upper Lachlan Shire Council – $130,000
- $15,000 Construction of a shade sail over the playground equipment at the Gunning Showground
- $25,000 Upgrade to the Binda Hall
- $10,000 Upgrade of the cricket fields at the Dalton Village sporting field
- $80,000 Enhancement of the main streets in Taralga and Gunning
Wollondilly Shire Council – $89,000
- $10,000 Upgrade of Barrallier Park at The Oaks
- $40,000 Upgrade of Tahmoor sportsgrounds
- $30,000 Enhancement of Oaks Street in Thirlmere
- $5,000 Upgrade of the skate park at Tahmoor sportsgrounds
- $4,000 Construction of an entrance sign to Buxton
Yass Valley Shire Council – $123,000
- $25,000 Construction of disabled access facilities at Bowning Hall
- $42,000 Construction of dual use recreational bridge at Queen Street in Binalong
- $48,000 Upgrades at Murrumbateman Common
- $8,000 Upgrades to the Yass Library
Young Shire Council – $150,000
- $25,000 Installation of a shade structure over the playground in Bendick
- $25,000 Installation of a shade structure over the playground in Bribbaree
- $60,000 Upgrades at the Rosemary Lane car park
- $40,000 Construction of shade shelter at Carrington Park