The Liberals will make people in the Inner West pay $5,000 each for NBN quality broadband Anthony Albanese said today.
“Tony Abbott revealed today the Coalition will force families in Grayndler to pay $5,000 for superfast broadband if they win Government”, Mr Albanese said.
Tony Abbott’s second rate broadband plan would:
- Stop 9 million Australian households from connecting to the NBN
- Charge up to $5000 connection fee for households and business for superfast broadband
- Make people outside the cities pay more for broadband
“The Federal Labor Government is delivering the NBN to households and businesses across Australia at no cost, because we believe everyone deserves access to the NBN no matter where they live,” Mr Albanese said.
“The Liberal candidate for Grayndler needs to come clean and say whether they support Tony Abbott’s plan to charge $5,000 for families to connect to superfast broadband.
“The Liberals’ anti-NBN plan would disconnect Australia from a high speed broadband future, take us back to a 100 year old copper wire past and strangle the future strength of Australia’s economy.
“Only Labor will build the NBN Australia needs now and into the future.”
Our superfast broadband NBN network will:
- Deliver superfast NBN broadband to every household and business at no cost
- Abolish the need for families to pay line rental for their household phone line
- Guaranteed capped low prices to broadband providers starting from $24 a month no matter where you live in Australia.