Infrastructure projects open across the Mid Murray
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP
The Minister for Infrastructure, Transport
Regional Development and Local Government
Leader of the House
Member for Grayndler
May 5 2010
Dana Wortley, Senator for South Australia, joined with the Mid Murray community today to celebrate the opening of sixteen projects which will provide much-needed sporting, recreation and community facilities across the region.
Anthony Albanese, Minister for Infrastructure and Local Government, said the Rudd Labor Government provided $460,000 to the Mid Murray District Council for the projects from the $1 billion Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program (RLCIP).
"The RLCIP is a key part of our Economic Stimulus Plan and is delivering local jobs in communities across Australia by building infrastructure for the long-term," Mr Albanese said.
"Importantly, during the construction these projects 29 jobs were supported, providing a real boost to the local economy."
Senator Wortley said that the completed projects included an extension to the Walker Flat Hall, construction and replacement of clubrooms at Truro Oval, and replacement of the roof at the historic Keyneton Soldiers Memorial Hall.
"These projects will benefit the local community groups, sporting clubs and visiting travellers right across the region," Senator Wortley said.
Mr Albanese said in partnership with every council in the country the Rudd Labor Government is delivering more than 4,900 small and larger scale building projects like these, including new and refurbished public libraries, sporting facilities, parks and playgrounds, and child care centres.
"In fact, we are making the single largest federal investment in community infrastructure through the RLCIP," Mr Albanese said.
Mr Albanese and Senator Wortley congratulated the Mid Murray District Council and the local community for helping deliver these sixteen projects, and helping to build a stronger region for the future.
Project details follow.
Mid Murray District – $460,000
- $159,000 Community Centre Retaining Wall Construction, Bowhill; Bird Sanctuary Walking Trail, Mannum; Extension to Boat Ramps
- $6,000 BMX Bicycle Track, Blanchetown
- $18,200 Cadell Institute Air-Conditioning
- $10,000 Caloote Landing Recreational Development
- $8,400 Collier Park Pavilion Air-Conditioning
- $14,000 Collier Park Tennis Courts
- $15,200 Community Centre Air-Conditioning, Bowhill
- $6,000 Display of Oscar W Original Boiler, Cadell
- $35,000 Internet Centre Upgrade, Morgan
- $31,500 Keyneton Soldiers Memorial Hall
- $20,000 Mannum Leisure Centre Roof Upgrade
- $53,500 Replacement of Club Rooms at Truro Oval
- $13,000 Swan Reach and District Museum Renovation
- $6,500 Tungkillo Hall Air-Conditioning
- $3,700 Tungkillo Hall Kitchen Upgrade
- $60,000 Walker Flat Hall Extension
Leader of the Australian Labor Party, MP for Grayndler, Rabbitohs Life Member. Authorised by Anthony Albanese, ALP, Canberra.