Questions on Notice
17 February 2005
625 MR ALBANESE: To ask the Minister representing the Minister for Communications, Information Technology and the Arts—
(1) In respect of the proposal to place six Telstra towers on Leichhardt Oval in Rozelle, what community consultation took place before deciding to place the Telstra Towers at this site, in particular, what are the details of notices, meetings and information provided.
(2) What are the reasons for choosing this location as an appropriate site for a Telstra tower and were factors such as the population density in this area and community and local government opposition considered.
(3) Have alternative sites been considered for the Telstra towers.
(4) What assurances can the Minister give that community objections were considered.
(5) Can the Minister explain why it is appropriate to place the Telstra towers in this location without appropriate community consultation.
(6) What action will the Minister take to ensure that the community’s views are taken into consideration.