Questions on Notice: Photovoltaic Rebate Scheme(PVRP, PV)
10 May 2005
*1129 MR ALBANESE: To ask the Minister representing the Minister for the Environment and Heritage—
(1) How many Photovoltaic Rebate Program (PVRP) rebates have been (a) applied for and (b) granted each year since the program began.
(2) What sum has been spent on PVRP rebates each year since the program began.
(3) What were the initial aims and guidelines of the PVRP.
(4) What are the performance indicators for the PVRP and how has it performed against the indicators.
(5) What mechanisms are used to monitor the effectiveness of the (a) PVRP generally and (b) photovoltaic systems installed under the PVRP.
(6) What is the Government’s assessment of the (a) current state and (b) future of the solar energy market in Australia.
(7) What research and analysis has been done in relation to the solar project running at Newington, near Olympic Park, Sydney, since it commenced in 2000 and will the Minister make reports of the Newington project available.
(8) Is it the Government’s intention to extend the PVRP in the same or a similar form beyond June 2005; if so, (a) for how long and (b) what sums will be allocated for this period.
(9) What steps has the Government taken to consult with industry and other stakeholders about the future of the program or potential replacement programs.
(10) Has the Government reviewed the PVRP to determine whether it or a similar program should be in place beyond June 2005; if so, (a) what are the results and (b) did the review recommend the PVRP or a similar program should continue to be supported by Government.